The Winona Peach Festival consists of 20 community churches, sports and service organizations. Our volunteer board of 10 together with 25 committee chairs work year round, along side the general membership, to organize this fabulous community festival. Each of the groups, use the Festival as a major fundraiser for their organization, easing the burden on the City to provide additional monetary assistance. This money goes to assist in defraying costs for sports groups, it permits the service groups to support and donate to different charities and allows the churches to put back more services in the community.
All our member organizations include are either registered charities or non-profit organizations and include the following:
- 713 Squadron Sponsoring Committee
- Battlefield Optimist Club of Stoney Creek
- Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice
- Fifty United Church
- Homefront Cancer Services
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
- Kinette Club of Hamilton/Stoney Creek
- Kinsmen Club of Stoney Creek
- Knights of Columbus Council 7969
- Lion’s Club of Stoney Creek Inc.
- Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Corps. (308 Triumph)
- St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
- St. John’s Anglican Church
- Saltfleet Figure Skating Club
- Steel City Steelers Football Club
- Stoney Creek Minor Hockey Association
- The Optimist Club of Stoney Creek
- The Rotary Club of Stoney Creek
- Winona Horticultural Society
- Winona Men’s Club
Approximately 150,000 people visit the Winona Peach Festival during the weekend of festival. It is the single greatest source of revenue from a festival in the former City of Stoney Creek, now the City of Hamilton. The Festival stimulates the economy through our Arts & Crafts, Amusements and Commercial Exhibits areas. The organizations themselves use local vendors to purchase their products, creating a good circle of revenue. We provide a bussing schedule for seniors. We also have handicap parking and a baby change tent.
The Festival provides something for all ages. We have a children’s stage, the ED Smith Fun Factory, which provides family entertainment daily. Our Arts & Craft section caters to young and old who take the time to stroll through looking and buying the crafts. Our Main Stage provides different types of entertainment all weekend long. We have a ‘Peach of a Car Show’ that has allows local car groups to display their vintage cars. The Amusement area is always a big hit with the kids. Winona Peach Festival Food Court has something to suit every taste; the organizations provide a large variety of foods and beverages.
The Winona Peach Festival promotes community spirit and provides much needed fund raising opportunities for the area organizations. The Peach Festival is an event that brings people together, so make the Winona Peach Festival your, "Family Tradition"!